sticky

Search

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Wesley Snipes Says He's Ready for More "Blade"


via Comic Book Resources

Wesley Snipes has opened up (yet again) about his desire to return to "Blade," should Marvel choose to bring the character back to TV or film.

The "Blade" trilogy star took to twitter, expressing his interest directly to fans:

Snipes followed up with this tweet, clarifying that it's up to Marvel if they want him to reprise the role:

Released by New Line in 1998, "Blade" saw huge financial success, with a $131 million worldwide gross -- which was quite an achievement for a superhero film at the time (let alone an R-rated one).

Snipes previously said he'd like to do a "Blade 4" while doing press for his now-cancelled NBC show "The Player" last year. "There's always a possibility, you know. It's in Marvel's hands. They're controlling the pace and the flow with that. Conversations have been good. They see the value in it. We see the value in it," Snipes said at the time. "I'm still in shape enough and fit enough to handle the role. We'll see how it goes. I don't really know what's going to happen to it yet."

Prior to that, Snipes told reporters at SDCC last year that he had met with Marvel to discuss returning to the role: "The project is controlled by Marvel and we did have a really productive and a wonderful meeting and we discussed a number of things," Snipes told Deadline. "I don’t know where it’s on their schedule at this point, that hasn’t been decided. I guess it’s still up in the air."

As of now, there's no word on a new "Blade" film or TV series in development...

Discuss this story in CBR's TV/Film forum.  |  3 Comments

TAGS:  new line, blade, wesley snipes, marvel, marvel studios



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed

Recent Posts